Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Brighter Future


The air seems to be charged with a special kind of electricity. I feel like I played an important part of history, and our country is a better place because of it. I have always been very moved by my country - have always felt very patriotic. It could be that my Mom imprinted upon me the importance of government and pride in the United States. I actually remember going to Roeding Park to see Kennedy when he was on the campaign trail in the early '60's. I took Michele out of school to go see Clinton speak the first time he came to the valley, and we were lucky enough to have him visit the Elementary school the kids attended a few years later. While I am a Democrat in heart and by party I have always looked at all candidates equally, and have voted Republican when I felt that was the better choice. But I feel exceptionally thrilled that Barack Obama has been elected. Not only for the promising change that this country will benefit from, but because of how far we, as a nation, have come as we made our choice of president from options that weren't thought possible not so many years ago. I am so proud to be part of this country.
Yay for us.

3 comments:

Erica said...

A brighter future indeed! I do not consider myself a very political person. But last night I was glued to the tv, and actually cried tears of joy when Obama won presidency!

life at mono lake said...

i cried when i listened to the victory speach this morning. i am so happy. it may take a year, but change is in order and in the air.
mona

aLi said...

i concur. now update already!!