Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm Goin' To Graceland, Graceland...


Last Saturday I had to go to Reedley to meet with my friends about some Charlie Brown costumes. They were working at the theatre that night and invited me to have dinner and see the show. An Elvis Impersonator show.
Now, I like Elvis as much as the next guy, but going to this kind of show has never been my kind of thing. I accepted because it was the most convenient way for our meeting to happen. I never anticipated actually enjoying myself.
The impersonator was a great entertainer. He never acted like he wanted you to think he was the real Elvis. He told some trivia about Elvis, and even talked about the year the post office put out the Elvis stamp (to date, the most purchased stamp in history) and how quite a few people mailed letters with the stamp to fictitious addresses just so they'd be marked "Return To Sender" and sent back. This guy has performed all over America, but he is actually from Reedley, so he had some funny local stories as well.
He sang well - The costume was fantastic - And the crowd was fun to watch - Needless to say, I had a great time.

His costumes are made by a company that has the original patterns used by Elvis, and the jumpsuits weigh between 20 - 40 lbs. when you factor in the belt.

Yes, I had to get a picture!

1 comment:

LoRen said...

that outfit is fantastic!