Friday, October 10, 2008

Cooldown

The weather has finally plummeted! The wind was so crazy last night that we had to weight everything down. Smokey Robinson played at the fair and although everyone was very nice and easy to work with it was extremely busy trying to keep everything from flying away. I actually got a little more personal interaction with the group and even Smokey because I was working wardrobe as well as the usual backstage stuff, but that also meant that I didn't have a chance to take a picture :( - I had to add a Smokey song to my playlist when I got home. The man is older now, but like Earth Wind and Fire his voice is still strong and pure. For those who are interested, the secret must be ginger tea. They make it strong (EWF has a staff guy specifically to prepare it) but you can't argue with the results. Another fun fact - chicken wings are a must in the dressing rooms for Smokey, his band and even the dancers.
Now for some bragging rights
If you go back to the picture I posted of Chicago's drum set on the empty stage... look at the black back drop. It's a huge curtain in two panels - each panel is about 40 feet wide by 20 feet long with an extension of 5 - 8 feet in length that is folded up with industrial strength velcro. That's my claim to fame! I made that for the fair two years ago, and it goes up for every show. So many famous people have touched it (they enter through the curtains) so it's kind of cool.
OK, that's enough for now. I have a day off and I plan on getting as much done as possible.

1 comment:

LoRen said...

the cabin was nice. super cold, though. it was 43 degrees inside when we got there, but we started a fire and by bed time it was warm enough. we do take bella, but we leave hank. it's too hard to transport the litter box. blake threw a huge clump of ice from the freezer out onto the driveway to be funny at about 7:00 the night we got there, and by 5:00pm the next day the whole thing was STILL frozen. it was very pretty though. clear skies, freezing.