Saturday, December 20, 2008

One More Birthday to Go

We celebrated Lo's birthday today (she turned 21 on Wed, but had a final that night so we couldn't get together til today). Since the demise of my good camera/phone I'm not so quick to take pictures, but hopefully Michele, Ali, or LoRen will post some that they took of the day.
I love it when everyone is over to the house. The girls usually migrate to my bedroom to talk - Elsie hangs out at the table and holds court over the snacks - and I usually end up giving in to Aaron and Charlotte's request for another chapter in the ongoing adventures of Timmy, Jake, and Oscar. Of course, today we also sang to LoRen and watched her open presents and reminisced about what a ham she was as a toddler; singing, dancing, posing for the camera... I have to pull out the videos of the kids when they were little and have them playing next time I have a get together (LoRen is sure to be in every frame).
So the countdown is on for Elsie's birthday, and then we're done with '08.

3 comments:

michele cabiness said...

I wish I got the da da da da dance on tape! Maybe they will do it again t Christmas.

life at mono lake said...

you did give birth to very beautiful chatty children. i wonder who they got that from. oh yeah, that would be you!
i loves ya sauce. thank god your family is vocal. otherwise, everthing would be boring. and trust me, you are anything but boring!!
love mona

LoRen said...

thanks again mom for having all of us over . i'll post up those pictures today since i was released from jury duty! all the cases were resolved so everyone got to go home! wohoo!