Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Last Supper

Part 1


This last Monday we had a big family dinner so everyone could have a chance to say goodbye to Nick. Almost everyone was there, and those who couldn't make it had real life emergencies to attend to, but still sent their love and support.
We barbecued, and proved that Michele can host a party of 50 at her home.
For me personally, it was a great night. I got to visit some Freemans that I truly love, and haven't seen in many years. It was so heartwarming to feel the love and support of everyone as we all expressed our pride in Nick. I want to thank everyone who showed up, and for those who so generously "donated" to Nick's college fund.

The next evening we went to Michele's again (it may have been that all our extra chairs were at her house... we really weren't trying to wear her out) and had home made tacos - just the immediate family - so we could have one last dinner together before he left.

This pic (above) is from last Friday at Frank's house for Pizza Night - I thought I'd put a before and after of Nick's hair for you to see


I know these aren't a lot of pictures - I don't seem to be the photog that Michele is, so my advise is to tell you to look forward to Michele's blog about both of these nights and you'll get a much better variety (not to mention higher quality) of pictures.

For more of this story please read the post below!

1 comment:

michele cabiness said...

The pic of Nick and me made me sad. The last one til Christmas.
Has he bought his ticket yrt?