Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Case Of Mistaken Identity



Can you believe how big Peck is? As he grows quickly to maturity it's plain to see that he's not a Robin. I really wanted him to be, for obvious name reasons, but I'm not sad. I'm ecstatic that he's so healthy. Mona thinks he may be a blackbird. I'll keep you updated.


I know this picture is blurry, but I had to show everyone that his leg is healed, and he's actually perching on my thumb with both feet (the foot? talon? grasping my thumbnail was the injured leg). This was the first time he did that, and I really breathed a sigh of relief at this milestone.


I have really enjoyed raising this baby - it's made me feel all Earth Mothery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday my earth mother sister!!!
hope you had fun today.
it will be interesting to see what the bird ends up being. keep me posted on the pics. good photo documentation.
love ya
mona