Friday, May 15, 2009

They Grow So Fast

It is amazing to me what 5 short days means in the life of a bird. In my internet studies I've learned that by 3 weeks old a baby robin is ready to face life it's own. Also, that in the wild robins can live to be 12 years old. It would be cool if Peck decides to hang around this area for that long.






As you can see, he's really getting big! He eats alot (I finally broke down and bought some night crawlers and meal worms), but fortunately they sleep - or are at least quiet - from dust till dawn, so I haven't had to miss any real sleep.



I got Andrew, Desi's boyfriend, to hold Peck so you could get a perspective of how he's grown. Desi is kind of scared of Peck now that he's stronger, and I couldn't get her to hold him for the pic (well, she is the baby of the family)

2 comments:

Erica said...

Yay for Peck, the survivor!!!

life at mono lake said...

hey there boo...you know, now i am thinking that peck might be a blackbird. they are such a hard call at that age, but the elongated front makes me wonder. keep the pics coming. and happy upcoming b day. love you and a peck on the lips to you too
mona