Monday, May 25, 2009

An E Ticket Day



For my birthday this year I decided to take Disney up on their promotion of "come free on your birthday". Since my birthday fell on a Monday I figured I'd go solo and just enjoy the day. Fortunately for me, LoRen had a big desire to go to Disneyland, and was able to juggle her class on that day (she actually had the professor give her the final on a different day!). So, in the dark early hours we got in the car and started on our way.
It was so much fun to be going to The Happiest Place On Earth" since I hadn't been in about 20 years. Everything was different! So different that after we got our tickets we turned the wrong way and accidentally entered California Adventures by mistake. We got it straightened out and were shuttled over to the correct park, and the fun began. Because it was a Monday the crowds were not overbearing at all. And because we didn't have any little ones we got to indulge in total selfish behavior. We hit all the fun rides - and there was almost no wait time. I had never been on Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom, but it is now my favorite ride. Anyway, the day was a blast, and thanks to LoRen we had multi-vitamins plus so we never got worn out. I'm really thankful to Lowie for making the day better than it ever could have been if I'd gone by myself. We were having so much fun that we didn't think to take a bunch of pictures, but here is proof that we did, in fact, go.




3 comments:

life at mono lake said...

i love it! I am so glad you had a good birthday and that you and LoRen had a blast. I havent been to Disneyland in a really long time either. Maybe i can steal you to go with me on my birthday.
Happy Belated B day Saucy
love mona

Erica said...

Happy belated B-day.....looks like you had a blast! Are our birthdays a week apart?

LoRen said...

Next time we go lets do indiana jones all day, ok?