Friday, May 22, 2009

Empty Nest Syndrome

Or, "He's Flown the Coop"

It went faster than I thought it would, but as soon as Peck mastered flying he just didn't want to stay in. I decided to release him on Thursday morning, figuring that if he was having trouble I could help him out that afternoon. And he did stay till I got home from work. I whistled to him and he flew to the gate - chirped at me 3 or 4 times - then he flew off high over my head and over the neighbors house.



I filled him up on as many worms as I could first.





I'm glad he's doing well and I hope he thrives!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute! But what kind of bird is he? Will we ever find out?
Ren

LoRen said...

it's amazing how quickly he matured. a job well done, mom :)

life at mono lake said...

you saved his life!! another job well done by my sister st francis.
it must have been one of those happy sad feelings. i mentally eat a worm for the both of you.

loves ya
mona

Grama Peechee said...

I'm still not sure what kind of bird he is. Blackbird seems right, but I'll have to google more pictures to know for sure.

michele cabiness said...

Wow he looks so different! I can hardly believe that he is the same bird. I'm glad my babies don't grow that fast!

Anonymous said...

wait a minute..is that a white stripe on the last pic. as in robin white eye stripe? jeez sauce, look at at that again and tell me how old the bird was? the bird may have been younger then you think. if so, you definately saved its life and yes, it may have been as you guessed.... a robbins.
aunt mona